February 26, 2008

Browser Grief

This post may be more for web nerds than tri geeks, but whatever.

A friend just pointed out to me that the USAT National Challenge Competition site does not render the left menu properly in Internet Explorer 7. Hear that sound? That's the sound of me hitting my head against my desk.

I do all my work on a Mac these days, having given up on PC a couple of years ago. The sites (Racetracker and USAT) are both tested on different browsers: Firefox and IE6 for PC, Safari and Firefox for Mac, but not IE7 for PC. I just don't have that version of IE. Unfortunately millions of other people do! Argh.

It's a bit late now that the National Challenge Competition is just days from ending, but I'm going to try to round up a copy of IE7 for testing purposes and get that menu fixed.

Apologies to all.

In the meantime, if you're a PC, please try to use Firefox. If you're a Mac, Safari (or Camino) looks smashing.

No comments: